May 20, 2020
If you ever wondered how to make the perfect plunger coffer coffee try this delicious and refreshing recipe. It's well worth the extra effort.
Mt Top Bundja Plunga (large plunger).
1. Place 60-80 gram medium- coarse grind of Mt Top Bundja (grain size no smaller than size of Saxa table salt granules) into plunger.
2. Bring 5 cups of water to boil, let it go off the boil for two minutes until it's around 90 degrees Celsius.
3. Add water and deep stir a few times with a tablespoon, making sure all grains are as submerged as possible.
4. Press plunger lid down to just below the surface level of the brew. Let sit for at least 1 minute but up to 4 minutes . Extraction time depends largely on water temperature - the cooler the longer. If the plunger isn’t a comfortable temperature to wrap your hand around the outside of then keep extraction to under 2 minutes.
5. Decant to another vessel holding 20-50 gram of fine chopped ginger and ½ tablespoon of honey, a slice of orange, lemon or lime. Let sit for no more than 15 minutes before drinking black. If you want to add milk, then just use the honey, forgoing the ginger and citrus.
Optional: Use a paper filter or fine cloth (if you have either) to filter when pouring from the plunger into the second vessel holding the ginger. See pics.
January 18, 2021
August 13, 2020
July 10, 2020
Australians loving Australian Products
Try our new season coffee.